Friday, September 12, 2014

Foreign Transition

    
To clear my head, I make sure to take a walk every morning before class around the street I reside in. Amongst the many things I pass, the most cliché things about London always stand out. However, this time it is different because I have come face-to-face with the icons of the city. What makes these international symbols that are used to characterize London so unpredictable is their capability to remind me that I am in fact in another country. Seeing a red telephone booth or the Big Ben is simply picturesque and it induces a trance within me. This is what makes my experience strictly non-native.

 However, I have learned that regardless of cultural differences and red telephone booths, we are really the same. In my opinion, there isn't that crucial of a difference between this city and my hometown in California. For example, everyone has an ambition, a reason to wake up in the morning, people to see, and places to go...just like at home. Luckily, because of this observation my transition into the city has been quite effortless. Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment